Caring for Your Lashes
At LashBee, we're all about love for your lashes. We want you to wake up every morning absolutely loving your #iwokeuplikethis! Part of this lash love affair is making sure you take the best care of your lashes to give them a long, full life.
These are our top tips!
- Wait 24 hours before exposing any new extensions to water:
- It's best to also avoid hot saunas during this time.
- After 24 hours, feel free to shower, swim, exercise, etc! We just recommend you gently rinse your lashes after a heavy workout or exposure to chlorine.
- Select makeup carefully:
- Avoid anything oil-based or waterproof.
- If you want an extra glam look, wear water-soluble mascara on just the tips of the lashes. If you aren't sure whether your makeup is extension-friendly, don't be afraid to ask your lash stylist!
- Don't use eyelash curlers - instead, let us know if you want more curl, and we can select the best extensions for you.
- Love for your face translates to love for your lashes:
- Wash your face gently and softly, particularly around the eye area. This has a dual purpose – it will protect your extensions and will help prevent wrinkles around your eyes!
- In your face wash, lotion or makeup remover, try to avoid glycol. More specifically, avoid anything with PEG (Polyethylene Glycol), Hexalene Glycol, Butylene, or Propylene Glycol.
- When removing makeup, dip a cotton swab in oil-free makeup remover and roll under the eye. This removes residue without pulling on your gentle eye tissue.
- Let your extensions sleep peacefully too:
- Lashes (extensions and natural!) can be damaged when you sleep face-down. Instead, try sleeping on your back, which has added benefits of helping posture and reducing muscle aches.
- If you wear an eye mask, make sure it doesn't crush your lashes or compress your eyes (which can give you wrinkles). Instead, look for masks that cup above the eye area.
- Cuddles always encouraged.
- Give your lashes some TLC:
- Brush out your lashes to have the most va-voom look! LashBee will always give you a free aftercare kit, so make sure to speak with your stylist about how to best use it.
- Feel free to use a lash cleanser before brushing at night to be extra squeaky-clean.
- Resist poking or prodding extensions with your fingers. You might have dirt or oils that can get entangled in them so stick with the brush.
Finally, don’t wait too long between fills! LashBee stylists are trained to safely remove and replace extensions that are growing out, never damaging your natural lashes. Coming back regularly ensures fresh lashes and an even look that makes you look bee-autiful!